DARE TO DREAM DATE II SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
- ELIGIBILITY: The Dare to Dream Date II Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Schick Wilkinson-Sword, VisualMax LLC, IAC Search and Media or other companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes (dealers and advertising agencies), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico, and where prohibited by law.
- SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Schick Wilkinson-Sword, 10 Leighton Road, Milford, CT 06460 (the “Sponsor”) and is administered by VisualMax LLC, 630 Ninth Ave, Suite 414, New York, NY 10036 (the “Administrator”).
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 1st, 2008 and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on October 31st, 2008 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted prior to or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
- ENTRY: To enter the Sweepstakes, visit www.girlsguidetodating.com and follow the instructions to complete an online entry form. Once you submit the entry form, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar methods will be void. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person and e-mail address.
- DRAWING: Within four (4) weeks of the conclusion of the Entry Period, the Administrator will select three (3) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Administrator will attempt to notify the potential winners within ten (10) days of the drawing. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within ten (10) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Administrator will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all eligible entries received.
- REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER: Except where prohibited, the potential winners will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within ten (10) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the Affidavit/Release on the potential winner’s behalf.
- PRIZES: Three (3) Grand Prize winners will receive a $1,500 cash prize each. Each winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees and taxes associated with prize receipt and use.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor and/or the Administrator may, in their sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it or they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor and/or Administrator to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Schick Wilkinson-Sword, VisualMax LLC, IAC Search and Media and their related companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: You can obtain Sweepstakes results and a copy of these Official Rules by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to VisualMax LLC C/O Dare to Dream Date II Sweepstake Winner, 630 Ninth Ave Suite 414, New York, NY 10036. Requests must be received by December 31st, 2008. Vermont residents may exclude return postage for Rules requests.