Hello there my Fabulous Females! I know we all want to be money conscious, yet not have to sacrifice the quality of our dates to save a few dollars. So, here is a little list I put together to inspire you to think creatively when planning budget smart dates! After all, when you really like someone money doesn’t make or break the date;-)
1. Make sandwiches and snacks with your date and then set up a picnic in the park.
2. Look for specials at your local Art Museums & Galleries as often times they will have free events or donation based exhibits.
3. Head to the beach. (trust me, it’ll be fun rubbing sun block all over your sweetie’s muscles, not to mention seeing him without his shirt on!)
4. Look for local street fairs or carnivals. It’ll bring out the kid in both of you!
5. You don’t have to go to Broadway to see great theater. Check out local plays, music gigs, and stand-up comics.
6. Go hiking, enjoy nature. This will show you can be an outdoorsy girl and men love that! Later down the line, try camping out!
7. Find out what cultural activities are happening in your city (outdoor movie night, free concerts, dancing)
8. Get Active (bowling, bike riding, roller blading, jogging, tennis, volleyball). This will give you a chance to see each other’s competitive side! Come up with a special treat for the winner.
9. Cook dinner at home. Yes, this is basic, but cooking together and lighting some candles is always a sure fire hit! You can also enjoy more intimate conversations this way as you won’t have to worry about the table next to you listening in.
10. Game night!! This can be paired with dinner at home, but this enables friends to join in. Organize a group of people to play Spades, Celebrity, Taboo, or any other number of fun and energizing group games.